Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Michael B, Horn: What We Can Learn About Learning
Bror Saxberg, the chief learning officer of Kaplan, Inc., is a man for whom I have great respect. Whenever I have a question about the science behind learning, he is the first person I turn to. He verses himself in the latest in cognitive and neuroscience research and applies his multiple degrees to great use.
When he forwarded me his recent blog titled “What to learn from a learning grant process,” I dove in with some excitement as he talked about his work helping review science and math grant applications for the Institute of Education Sciences within the Department of Education and posed some bigger questions and comparisons with health care. It’s worth the read.
Given that he knows so much more than I do about these topics—this is not my area of expertise even though I read about and am fascinated by the science behind learning—it is with some trepidation that I therefore am wading in to respond to his blog. I’m not sure he’ll disagree with anything I say here, but I figure that I should tread carefully. Click here to read more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment